Thursday, February 9, 2012

Create Your Own Magic Card

Here are the three Magic: The Gathering cards I created:

Wisp Faerie is a very basic monster, I wanted it to be extremely weak since it comes and goes like a wisp from a candle wick. Since we can't have any effect monsters I just made it a 1 White mana monster, giving it a cost of 3 in total and I put 1 more into defence than attacking since it's a wisp, a fluff of air.



The Guardian of Embersky is inspired by the Studio Ghibli film Tales of Earthsea which is based on the series of books by Ursula K. Le Guin. Since it's a dragon I assumed it had even toughness and power (due to dragons in Pokemon doing this with their stats) so I made it a 6/6, and since it's a Red creature it will have a total benefit of 13, so 1 Red mana and 9 Colourless mana balances the cost of the card (1 Base + 2 Red + 9 Colourless + 1 Bonus for having over 5 mana cost).


The third card Earthborn Priestess is a dryad that is more geared towards being defensive, but since calculating extra effects were not taken into consideration I couldn't make it a defender card and give it a power of 0. Since it was a Green monster and has a mana cost over 5 it has a cost of 9, so I made the power 1 and toughness 8 to balance the cost.


That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I really like your art for Wisp Faerie. They're all really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    magic: the gathering cards

    ReplyDelete